It’s taken us a while, but here we are at last: our first compilation ! The first of a series.
The purpose of NEW DARK AGE vol. 1and its successors stems from a tradition established by compilations such as GOTHIC ROCK, HEX FILES, NEW ALTERNATIVES, L’APPEL DE LA MUSE (to name but a few); namely, to present a selection of the tremendous amount of talent and the breathtaking variety of the contemporary worldwide Gothic / Deathrock / Minimal / whathaveyou scene that exists and prospers underneath the usual media coverage of our days. Fantastic music that deserves to be heard on a MUCH wider scale.
The start of this hopeful series comes to you as a double-CD with 34 tracks by 34 bands at the price of a single CD.
34 Songs, many of which have been exclusively made to appear on this compialtion, or are previously unreleased anywhere, or ultra-rare; awesome Tracks by TRAGIC BLACK, THE LAST DANCE, ALTERED STATES, CRETA, FRANK THE BAPTIST, CHANTS OF MALDOROR, etc.
We hope you’ll enjoy them all… which, in fact, we expect you to!
1. SCARY BITCHES – You’ll End Up Looking Like The Scary Bitches (UK)
UK-shootingstars of Horrorgoth, with this unique female voice
2. THE LAST DANCE – Whisper (Between Strobelights) (USA)
californian Goth-Rockers with an exclusive version of a smashing track
3. IKON – Ghost In My Head (new version) (Aus)
Waverock-version of this IKON-classic, catchy-as-f**k
4. CHANTS OF MALDOROR – Spectre (Love Is Dead) (Ita)
Authentical ROZZ-Christian Death cover version
5. BLACK ICE – Eve E. (USA)
Schizo-Deathrock with captivating female vocals
6. SMILING GOTH – Beetlejuice (Ger)
exciting newcomers from Germany; Modern Batcave at its best
7. CULTURE REVERSE – Our Eyes Squint Sadly (Ger)
Steven Cavitys Minimal-Project, first official release
8. COLLAPSING NEW PEOPLE – Revolution Girl (Aut)
Vienna-based Minimal / Postpunk Band
9. PENIS FLYTRAP – Cemetery Girl (USA)
masters of Horrorpunk with their hymn for all eternity (ex-45 GRAVE)
10. ALTERED STATES – Go The Distance (UK)
british Cult-Gothic-Rawk, first material since 10 years !
11. BELISHA – Eyes That Blacken (UK)
Power-Gothrock by this London-based five-piece
12. CASUAL – Tard (Esp)
unique and dark up-tempo-Goth from Barcelona
13. AVARITIA – And Here They Are Again (Ger)
GuitarGOFF (with capital letters), jangly, powerful, awesome
14. BATS IN THE BELFRY – Sanatorium (Ger)
Groovy Gloomgoth from Germany; fabulous!
15. CRETA – Silence (USA)
brandnew project of THE LAST DANCE’s guitarist Rick Joyce with
brilliant female vocals; FIRST TIME ON CD !
16. NOONE I KNOW – Save What’s Left (In The Strobelight) (Ger)
fantastic, atmospherical, dark and groovy Post-Wave-Rock
17. DESCENDANTS OF CAIN – The Ceremony (UK)
hymn-like british Okkult-Gothic Rock, both powerful and atmospheric
1. THE GHOST OF LEMORA- Dread The Day (The Cities Rise) (UK)